Tuesday, 27 August 2013

My experience in the ECP was filled with fun and difficult challenges. Some periods are depressing especially some of the ISC 153 periods; it makes me feel like an idiot because most of the time im using half of the period thinking about what the answer should be :-(. I don’t like thinking more than what I have to and it’s like im abusing my brain most of the time I wish I was rather at home lying in bed and not out in the cold. Although the periods are draggy there are times when I really enjoy ISC periods especially when I know all the answers then my friends be like oh my word how did you know that (laugh out loud). But in a nutshell ISC has its moments and tends to be fun I have also learnt a lot of academic skills and learnt how to work productively in a group.

Life Science 151 is also a fun filled period because I really have a great passion for life sciences. Okay...maybe in lying just a bit, I love life science but I don’t like it when we have to study plants and the population stuffys. Yes it’s interesting but ide rather sit hours in a lecture focusing on the human body and looking at diseases and treatments. But as always sometimes I have my moments when I don’t feel like working at all then I just be looking at the lecturer and all in hearing is blahblahblah, and it’s just when in not listening then she asks me a question and I quickly reply yes miss can you please repeat that only for me to get time to think about what in going to say (laugh my ass off).

And now for mathematics yeah! Ok enough with the lying...honestly it feels as if whoever is drawing up our math worksheets are purposely making them difficult to complete so that the tutors can mark big fat zeros on our worksheet papers. At times in math ill just sit back and look at the board and think...oh how I miss the time when the math problems were 1+1 and when my only worry was who stole my crayons!!!!!!, but now I have to stretch my brain in working out math sums which has almost every later of the alphabet in it an I be like ...'oh my word. Who does this’:-/. In general I really enjoy maths it gives me confidence in trusting my work and also shows me not to underestimate myself, because when I see a sum with I cube root on I automatically say 'oOoOoOoh, I can’t do this'. I love the moments when I am on a roll and just giving answers in math, especially when I get sums right and most of my friends got them wrong ide be feeling like a boss helping them figuring out where and why they got it wrong.

All in all varsity is fun...UWC has so far given me the best learning experience. I know that there are some tough times ahead but in roll with the punches and tackle them as we go along. Hopefully next year will be in main stream and then its all work no play so for now I will just find my feet and get use to the adjustments because next year...IS CRUNCH TIME


2 comments:

  1. Aaaah I feel exactly the same way:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally agree with what she said in paragraph 3... maths containing all the letters of the alphabet, i be like why? and getting sums right does give you a little bit of confidence.

    ReplyDelete